Cipe Pineles totally changed the world of editorial design during her reign. She was a powerful role model and a major creative inspiration for all those that came after her.
She could make an editorial spread come alive with eye-popping, colorful illustrations, often accompanied by hand-written typography, way before its time.
Not only was she a female creative in a very powerful role, but was one of the first women to hold the position of art director for a major magazine, opening the door for many that followed.
- Cipe, the prototype by Amelia Hugill-Fontanel
- ‘Couldn’t they find one token woman for this?’ by Paula Scher
- Everyday life as well as fashion and glamour by Chandler O'Leary
- Hand-written, eye-popping, colorful—before its time by Ilene Strizver
- A role model peering over my shoulder by Louise Fili
- The chemise in typography by Cipe Pineles